Venue: Places Leisure, Passfield Avenue, Eastleigh, SO50 9NL
Contact: Sarah Moore, Case Management Officer Tel: 023 8068 8497, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To consider the minutes of the meeting on 19 March 2019.
The Chair (Cllr Campbell) asked for a show of hands from those who attended the previous meeting to approve minutes from the last meeting
That the minutes of the previous meeting be approved
The Chair (Cllr Campbell) then went through the actions of the previous minutes.
Ross McClean introduced proposed prices for Places Leisure Eastleigh (PLE). All consultative group were happy with this.
· Eastleigh Swim Club commented on the price of the pool charges.
· MM commented on the Participation figures. Some figures had duplicated entry. Figures are more accurate.
· TC commented that the figures for PLE look very positive.
RESOLVED – All members of the PLE Consultative group agreed the fees and charges.
Places Leisure Update on Performance
· Clubs had given Hazel their information for the Community board. ESC asked about numbers at Swim galas (seating on the upstairs pool view). LC confirmed maximum was 130 and there isn’t capacity for anymore chairs to be added.
· 2019 Club Live is at 5079. 25% increase in club live.
· Business rules. Zero price increase. Any adult full member now has children up to 4 children under 16 free. Under 5’s free. Soft play. Option to pay monthly. Not tied in.
· PLE were awarded IFI (Inclusive Fitness Initiative) in Sept.
· Quest will be at PLE on 13/14 Nov. Aiming for Excellent. Quest is an independently accredited, industry recognised tool which encourages continuous improvement for the management of leisure facilities. Quest defines industry standards and good practice and offers a way of benchmarking facilities.
· Programming for PLE has involved a Health and Wellbeing focus. Parent and baby programmes had a 1st aid course element which was fully booked.
· Teddy Bears picnic – 250 people attended. The event had a variety of free sessions/classes that could be booked plus free fruit was given out.
· National fitness day. Opportunity to try new classes in the day/evening for free.
· Pete Leamore (PL) reported as a company they are pleased with business. 114 new sites. New builds all performing well. Comfortable where we are currently. Alternatives in the Gym. Increase usage and change layout. Functional training. Flooring – alterations possibly December.
· Online joining platform launched at Gosport. PLE went live yesterday. Family market to increase participation
· PLE single centre membership. £10 more and you can use other sites.
Update from Clubs
Eastleigh Swim Club:
· 150 Swimmers. Finances a lot better. Swim England like clubs to have 3 months in the bank.
· Increase in young swimmers. Using Oaklands more. 2 swimmers at national level,
· 2 vacancies for swim teachers
· Club Championships
· Trying to increase our Ladies membership so we can field a side in the district Thursday afternoon league
· Retained our positions in the men’s league bowls. Won the district singles title and the District Champion of Champions competition.
Fleming Park Judo Club
· 11 coaches.
· Masterclass in the summer – had a member of GB Squad. Over 40 Juniors/Seniors attending.
· Hampshire Judo Event at PLE. Had 150 competitors. Feedback was very positive regarding Places Leisure Eastleigh. All enjoyed the event there.
· ACTION: Ongoing issue with Judo mats. LC and MC to meet Roland Fugh after Consultative meeting
· Coach to 5k in January –Eastleigh Running Club happy to be involved with this.
· Currently 230 members. On average 2 new per month. Club nights Mondays and Thursdays.
· Problem currently with the website. Problem getting old website down.
· Club nights (Mondays and Thursdays). Faster Group
· Mondays – run and talk event. Mental Health. Group event (Monday 14th October )
· ERC part of the Cross County League and also Eastleigh 10k Pacers.
· Half price membership
ACTION: MC to arrange SportWorks to meet Eastleigh Running Club regarding Couch to 5k
Eddie Szary– Fitness
· Can be frustrating in the time taken for things to be fixed. Defect list e.g. bucket in spin studio with the leak, window in gym. Coding system in changing room. Please can we request a clock in the men’s changing room.
· JP– defects outstanding. Members keen to get sorted asap. PL explained about defects outstanding with Interserve.
· Studio 1 – 6 boys doing ballet currently
· Exams coming up. Charity dance group
EDSAD-Eastleigh Disability Swimming
· Membership at 29, good year so far. Eastleigh Legacy Group donation. £700 raised for EDSAD.
· Sign on the pool doors working well to stop interlopers when its private hire.
Squash Update (MC updated on their behalf):
· Thanks to the Committee and Places Leisure Eastleigh for introducing the Community Board, this has had an almost immediate impact with regards to club enquiries and new guest players.
· Thanks also to the PLE team for further improving the ball trap problems that were impacting courts 1 and 2.
· The courts are starting to show some wear and tear, including floor damage on court 3, and heavy marking on court 2. Hopefully, there is some planned maintenance to tidy up these issues within the next few months
· Club status: Although still down on previous years, core membership remains stable. However, we are hopeful that the increased visibility of the club within the centre will allow membership and guest numbers to increase once more, which in turn will allow the club to commit to taking more courts on the night
· MM now overseeing main reception –– verbal comment book for public to leave comments in. Social media comments on Facebook. Since July, 15 complaints.
· PL looking into online pods where customers leave comments. Currently in its developmental stage.
Date of Next Meeting
Tuesday 3rd March 2020 – 6.30-8.30pm
Any Other Business
· Car park – traffic flow – swimclub raised
· ELAC launching community grants