Venue: Kings Community Church, Upper Northam Road, Hedge End, SO30 4BZ
Contact: Laura Johnston, Democratic Services Manager, 02380 688041 Email: email@example.com
The Mayor welcomed everyone to the meeting and gave an overview of recent Council highlights:
· Early in March the Mayor was honoured to be able to raise the Ukrainian flag in the Leigh Road Recreation Ground to show the Borough’s support for the people of Ukraine, following the appalling Russian invasion. The Mayor looks forward to continuing our support for Ukrainian refugees in the Borough.
· The Mayor visited the spectacular Window Wanderland, a project to transform the street-facing windows of homes and businesses in the Bursledon, Hamble-le-Rice and Hound local area, that celebrated the creative talents of local residents.
· In March the Mayor attended two tree planting events. The first was to plant a tree for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. The Mayor chose a whitebeam and children from Little Owls Woodland Pre-School came along to help with the planting at Itchen Valley Country Park.
· The second was the Tiny Forest project at Fleming Park.
· At the beginning of April, the Mayor was delighted to attend a sponsored dog walking event at Itchen Valley County Park in aid of one of my chosen charities, Mountbatten Hampshire. It was a fantastic day and raised nearly £3,000 for this very worthwhile local cause.
· The Mayor was also pleased to attend the Loch Fada Re-union Dinner and learn more about the history of the ship. HMS Loch Fada was adopted by the civil community of Eastleigh in 1944, after a Warship Week National Savings campaign. The HMS Loch Fada F390 Association meet annually but this was the first time they had been able to meet since the pandemic.
· Another event to look forward to is the Eastleigh Sports Awards which are being held on 9 May at the Ageas Bowl. The awards recognise both sporting achievers and the people behind the scenes who make it all happen.
To approve as a correct record the Minutes of the Council meeting held on 24 February 2022.
That the Minutes of the meeting held on 24 February 2022 be agreed as a correct record.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare interests in relation to items of business on the agenda. Any interests declared will be recorded in the Minutes.
There were no declarations of interest relating to items of business.
There was no Leaders report on this occasion.
Consideration was given to a report by the Planning Policy Senior Specialist detailing the modifications of the Eastleigh Borough Local Plan (2016-2036).
A recorded vote took place for the substantive motion, and was as follows:
FOR: Councillors – Airey, Allingham, Asman, Campbell, Clarke, Corben, Garton, Gomer, House, Kinloch, Manning, Marsh, Pragnell and Pretty.
(FOR: 14, AGAINST: 0, ABSTAIN: 5)
(1) Incorporate the Inspector’s Main Modifications, and the additional modifications, into the submitted version of the Local Plan, and so adopts the Eastleigh Borough Local Plan (2016 – 2036) (Appendix 1) and the associated Policies Map (Appendix 2);
(2) Notes that the adoption of the Eastleigh Borough Local Plan (2016 – 2036) will make it the main part of the adopted development plan for the Borough against which planning applications are determined, replacing all saved policies of the Eastleigh Borough Local Plan (2001 – 2011); and
(3) Withdraws the draft Eastleigh Borough Local Plan (2011 – 2029).
[NOTE: A member of the public sent a written statement regarding the exclusion of Design and Access Statement and Planning Statement from the Local Plan 2016 – 2036]
There were questions from Councillors as set out in the agenda, and the Cabinet Member for Economy agreed to send a written response to the supplementary question rasied.
RESOLVED ITEMS - FOR NOTING AND QUESTIONS ONLY
That the Minutes of the following meetings be received:
24 March 2022
AUDIT AND RESOURCES COMMITTEE
8 March 2022
POLICY AND PERFORMANCE SCRUTINY PANEL
10 March 2022
BISHOPSTOKE, FAIR OAK AND HORTON HEATH LOCAL AREA COMMITTEE
9 March 2022
BURSLEDON, HAMBLE-LE-RICE AND HOUND LOCAL AREA COMMITTEE
3 March 2022
EASTLEIGH LOCAL AREA COMMITTEE
30 March 2022
HEDGE END, WEST END AND BOTLEY LOCAL AREA COMMITTEE
7 March 2022
The Leader wished to place on record his thanks to the retiring Chief Executive, Nick Tustian, for being such a brilliant Chief Executive, not only to the Council but for residents and businesses alike, as well as a friend.