The Chief Finance Officer introduced the report, which outlined the Council’s General Fund Revenue Budget for 2021/22 with the associated forecast Medium-Term Financial Plan to 2025/26.
It is recommended that Cabinet:
(1) Recommend Council approve service spending in line with forecast for 2020/21 which incorporates pressures and efficiencies as part of the Financial Monitoring to 31 December 2020;
(2) Recommend Council set the net Revenue Budget requirement for 2021/22 at £9,914,000 and note the impact on the Council’s General Fund balance;
(3) Recommend Council note the provisional Local Government Finance settlement for 2020/21;
(4) Recommend Council approve budget adjustments for 2021/22 in line with the Medium Term Financial Plan;
(5) Recommend Council decrease the average Council Tax for Eastleigh Borough Council by 0.4% (1%below CPI) and
(6) Recommend Council approve the Special Expenses for Parished and Non-Parished areas.
That the Policy and Performance Scrutiny Panel considered and noted the General Fund Revenue Budget 2021/22 with the associated forecast Medium-Term Financial Plan to 2025/26 report.